Policy and Public Outreach
CERF Policy Committee
CERF has a wealth of special scientific expertise, both global and regional. CERF seeks to act as a 'trusted advisor' by disseminating key information regarding estuarine and coastal science to decision-makers to address their needs and to inform them of emerging issues of concern.
CERF's involvement in public policy discussions maintains consistency with the Federation's constitutional objectives "to promote research in estuarine and coastal waters, to promote communication between members of affliliated societies, to conduct meetings, and to be available as a source of advice in matters concerning estuaries and the coastal zone."
Bob Diaz (Committee Chair)
- "Gulf of Mexico Ecosystems One Year after the Deepwater Horizon" Presented by the Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation during Capitol Hill Ocean Week 2011
- The National Ocean Council is seeking public input by April 29, 2011 as it develops the strategic action plans - 25 January 2011
- Public access to independent scientific research assessments in the Gulf - 15 September 2010
- President Obamas National Ocean Policy - 19 July 2010
- Opportunity to support first US Ocean Policy initiative - 11 December 2009
- CERF Endorses US National Ocean Policy Task Force Draft Report - 5 October 2009